Sunday, October 9, 2016

Fall Basics Lookbook

Hello friends! My last lookbook went over really well, so I thought I'd do another one, this time with a twist: I wanted to use my fall wardrobe staples, minimal accessories, and I wanted to get as many looks as possible. The results? 6 basic pieces + 4 accessories + 4 pairs of shoes + 3 purses = 9 fall outfits that fit a variety of occasions and are super easy to put together.

Let's break this all down before we get started: I put together a basic formula for what I wanted in every outfit, which was 1 top, 1 bottom, 1 accessory, 1 pair of shoes, and 1 purse. Of course, this can be changed, but that's where I started.

Next, I chose my pieces. For tops, I chose a really soft chambray button down from Forever 21, a dark green sweatshirt from Forever 21, and a gray sweater with a crochet back detail from Kohl's. For bottoms, I chose my favorite pair of American Eagle jeans and pair of rusty red skinny cargo(ish) pants from Kohl's. I also added a hunter green dress from Target.

After that, I had to pick all my extras. This was the hardest part for me because I could've taken it in so many directions, but I tried to pick as few items as possible while still having a variety. I ended up with a Forever 21 statement necklace, a simple cream infinity scarf from Old Navy, a trendier plaid blanket scarf from Romwe, and a brown dragonfly-printed scarf from Charming Charlie for the accessories. For shoes, I chose some cute maroon Oxford-style shoes from Forever 21, my favorite tan combat boots from Target, gray booties from Kohl's, and camel-colored booties from Old Navy. Lastly for the purses, I have a slouchy, almost metallic tan bag from Target, a black purse from Charming Charlie, and a little berry wristlet from the Coach Outlet Store.

With all that said, here are my 9 outfits:


chambray shirt, green dress, statement necklace, maroon shoes, black purse


 
 

chambray shirt, red pants, statement necklace, camel booties, black purse


 
 

chambray shirt, jeans, plaid scarf, maroon shoes, tan bag


 
 

chambray shirt, gray sweater, red pants, statement necklace, gray booties, black purse


 
 

gray sweater, jeans, cream scarf, combat boots, berry wristlet


 
 

gray sweater, red pants, statement necklace, gray booties, black purse


 
 

gray sweater, green dress, cream scarf, gray booties, berry wristlet


 
 

green sweatshirt, jeans, plaid scarf, combat boots, tan bag


 
 
 
green dress, dragonfly scarf, camel booties, berry wristlet
 
 
 
*Please excuse the photo quality; I use natural lighting that shifted in the middle of this shoot. Oops!

I wish you all the best,
Erin



No comments:

Post a Comment