Saturday, April 30, 2016

Sweet Spot: Drumstick Cupcakes

Hello friends! I've been super into baking lately, specifically turning classic things (sangria, snickerdoodle cookies, etc.) into cupcakes, and this is one recipe that I'm actually using for my final project in one of my classes. Here's my take on the classic ice cream Drumstick, in cupcake form.

The Lineup:
    Vanilla cake batter of your choice
    Vanilla frosting of your choice
    1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    Roasted peanuts for topping, chopped
    Waffle or sugar cones for topping, broken into large pieces

The Play-by-Play:
    1. Pour prepared cake batter into lined cupcake tins, bake according to cake batter
        recipe.
    2. When cupcakes are cool, pipe prepared vanilla frosting on top, with desired tip on
        piping bag.
    3. Pour chocolate chips and heavy cream into microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1  
        minute and stir until combined, reheating in 10 second intervals if necessary.
    4. Generously drizzle ganache onto frosted cupcakes, mostly covering frosting.
    5. Sprinkle chopped peanuts onto ganache and place cone pieces in before it sets.
        Enjoy!



Quick Play:
This is my own adaptation, and I never really focus on the basics for things like this. Feel free to use whatever cake batter and frosting you want, and don't be afraid to change up the flavors. Also play around with the size of the cupcakes. When I made the trial batch of the recipe, I did standard size cupcakes, but for my class, I will be doing mini cupcakes. Really anything goes with this one.

I wish you all the best,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment