Thursday, May 12, 2016

Dear Future Husband

To my future soul mate:

Hello. As of this moment right now, May 12, 2016, I do not know if we have met. I do not know if we're from the same place, what struggles we have faced, or where we're going next. But I do know that I love you. I have loved you much longer than I have known you. I will love you much longer and more intensely than you can ever imagine. It's hard to explain why and how you can love someone so deeply without knowing anything about them, but I do.

As you probably know, I absolutely love random facts, and I've been saving my favorite one to share with you: You and I are split-aparts. According to Greek mythology, humans at one time had four arms, four legs, and two faces. These humans possessed powers great enough to threaten the gods, so Zeus solved this problem by splitting each human in half. The human halves would wander around miserably, searching for their other half. When they finally found each other, they knew without speaking that all was right again, and they would be happy together for the rest of time. I'm so happy I've finally found mine. It's been a long time coming.

There is so much I want to say to you, so much I want to know about you. By the time you read this, I will know those things, but, another thing I'm sure you know about me, I am not patient in the slightest, so waiting to know you is near impossible. How are you? What is your family like? Do I treat your siblings like my own, and you mine? Do you like going out together, or do prefer making dinner at home and watching movies in our pajamas? Does my constant showtune singing drive you crazy? We have a lot of catching up to do, you and I.

If I wrote everything I want to say to you and ask you, I'll still be writing when you read this, and even then, I will not be anywhere near done. I want us to share everything. I want to be your best friend, your biggest fan, your best support, your soul mate. And I will try my absolute best to be all that and more. And if I'm not, please let me know. I don't want to let you down. I think that is one of my biggest fears.

How did we meet? Did we work together? Go to school together? I'm always looking for you, wherever I am. What is our relationship like? Do we laugh a lot? Do you think I'm a big dork, hopefully in a cute, endearing way? Do we live together? If so, where? I've been dreaming of moving to LA. I think only you can stop me from going there, if I'm not there already. Do we talk about the future? About getting married? Having kids? You probably think I'm crazy, but I have our wedding planned, and lists of names for those little people who will be half you and half me. I can't wait. I'm ready to start my life with you.

Regardless of where we are, what we do, where we're going, I promise you this: I will always stand by you. I won't ever leave your side; we are a team. I will happily go on crazy adventures with you, and I will be just as happy to spend entire days eating pizza on the couch with you. I will always try to be the best version of myself for you, and I will push you to do the same. I will take care of you when you are sick, I will tell awful jokes when you are sad, I will love you unconditionally, forever and always.

I love you more than you will ever know,
Your future soul mate

No comments:

Post a Comment