Tuesday, September 27, 2016

10 Baby Names I Love But Won't Be Using

Hello friends! I decided to jump on the bandwagon of the "10 Baby Names I Love But Will Never Use" videos going around on YouTube. I am not planning on having kids for a very long time, but I do love names and already have lists of names that I love and will use for my future kids. With that said, these are also names that I love, but I have specific reasons for why I will not be using each of these names, but if any of these are names of your kids or someone you know, I think these are beautiful and people who have them are very lucky.

Girls

     1. Amelia/Emilia - I love both spellings of this name, but I don't like the way this name
         is pronounced in the US, which is a-MEEL-yah instead of a-MEE-lee-ah, and I'm just
         not a fan of the middle two syllables being squished into one.

     2. Ruby - I think this name is absolutely adorable, but when I think of a name, I have
         to be able to see it on name tags in kindergarten, said at high school graduation,
         on a CEO's desk, etc., and Ruby doesn't fit all those for me, but I still love it.

     3. Iclyn - Iclyn is a newer invented name, and although I think it's beautiful and would
         fit in with all the -lyn names of today, it's just a little too out there for my taste.

     4. Delilah - This is one of those names that I love but my mom hates, and for as close
         as we are, I couldn't name my daughter a name I know she hates, which is why when
         I have kids, she'll find out their names when they're born and opinions don't really
         matter *wink*.

     5. Harper - I love Harper, especially because it's one of the few names that I can get
         the nickname Perrie (which I think is adorable) from, but unfortunately this name
         just entered the top ten most popular names in the US, which means by the time I
         I have a daughter, it'll be even more popular, which I don't like.

Boys

     1. Nathan - This is probably my #1 favorite boys' name, but I have a cousin named
         Nathan, so I won't ne using this for any future sons.

     2. Alek - I love the idea of this name because I think it's strong yet simple and a good
         alternative to the very popular Alexander, but I just can't see myself using it, and
         I can't quite figure out why.

     3. Phoenix - The phoenix is a bird that is reborn from its own ashes, and for me it's a
         personal symbol for overcoming any struggles, but this name, although meaningful,
         is just too out there for my taste.

     4. Matthew - Matthew is a name that, unfortunately, was ruined for me by a Matthew
         I once knew who was just very arrogant, and that's all I can think of when I hear this
         name.

     5. Ezra - I know Ezra because popular recently because of a TV show, but I don't
         carry that association. I honestly think I'm just not cool enough to have a kid named
         Ezra.

Let me know if there are any names you love but won't use in the comments!

I wish you all the best,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment