Friday, November 4, 2016

Radio In My Head: October 2016

Hello friends! I'm starting a new series of posts that I'm calling Radio In My Head (inspired by an Aaron Tveit album), which is essentially me telling you what I've been loving and listening to all month. More than anything else, my music favorites are always changing. I've been singing for as long as I can remember, and I love all kinds of music, so I think this might be interesting to see what changes over time. I'm going to give three artists/groups that I've been loving in general, and five songs/singles that stand out on their own in my mind. Here we go!

Artists
  • Celtic Thunder - Celtic Thunder is a vocal ensemble from Ireland, and they were recently in my city on tour. I went for my birthday, and, as always, they were fantastic. Some of my favorite songs they do are "Now We Are Free," "Caledonia," and "Come by the Hills."

  • Kenny Holland - Kenny Holland is a musician I found on YouTube, and he is absolutely incredible. He has several singles, EPs, and an album, most of which I now have, but what I really love is that he does covers on YouTube with his five sisters, and my heart melts every time I watch. He seems like a genuinely good guy, which is so sweet. Some of my favorite songs of his are "This Dance," "The List," and "Matter to You," which is on his EP coming out in November.

  • Pentatonix - If you've been here for a while, you know that I adore a cappella music (I was in an a cappella choir for a few years), and I love Pentatonix. They have just released another Christmas album, and it is amazing. Some of my favorite songs from the album are "O Come All Ye Faithful," "The Christmas Sing-Along," and "Hallelujah."


Songs
  • "Closer" (The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey) - For the longest time, I didn't know what I thought about this song, but now I can't get enough of it. I love the relaxed vibe and punchy melody, and I sing along every time I hear it.

  • "Into You" (Ariana Grande) - I'm not the biggest Ariana Grande fan, but the vocals on this song are ridiculous. Her belt range is incredible, and this song is just so fun.

  • "Little Moon" (MacKenzie Bourg) - This song is the opposite of the first two I talked about, with a more acoustic feel, but I absolutely love it. It's such a sweet song, and it makes me wish I had someone to sing it to.

  • "Run Away With Me" (Kerrigan-Lowdermilk, cover by Aaron Tveit) - This is the only show tune I have for this month, but I listen to it constantly. It's from the musical The Unauthorized Autobiography of Samantha Brown, which can be found in full on YouTube, and it's another song that has me wishing for someone to sing it to.

  • "This Town" (Niall Horan) - This song is very similar to "Little Moon," again rather acoustic and quaint-sounding, but I love the vivid story it tells.

What have you been loving listening to? Tell me in the comments!

I wish you all the best,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment