Sunday, December 25, 2016

The Christmas Tag

Hello friends! I'm in full festive mode now, so I thought I'd do The Christmas Tag to spread the joy. Here we go!

1. When do you start getting excited about Christmas?
     Usually late-August to mid-September is when I start thinking about it, and then by my
    birthday in September I'm in full gear. This year it came a bit early, and I may or may
    not be guilty of listening to Christmas music in August...
2. Do you still have Advent calendars?
    Yes. Chocolate every day for 24 days? Count me in.
3. Favorite Christmas film?
    Hands down, Elf. It's a classic. I can quote pretty much the whole thing.
4. Any funny Christmas memories?
    My family has this tradition called The Can, and someone new gets it every year. It's an
    old popcorn tin filled with gag gifts and a whole story to go with the gifts, and when it
    gets passed, the story is read by the giver as the recipient open the gifts accordingly. It
    doesn't matter what's inside, it's always hilarious.
5. Any Christmas traditions?
    Other than The Can, my family gets together on Christmas Eve, and then just my
    immediate family spends Christmas Day together. We also spend December 23rd baking
    cookies, and pretty much eat cookies all day Christmas Day.
6. Favorite Christmas songs?
    I love all of Pentatonix's Christmas songs, but my top three are "Mary Did You Know?,"
    "O Come All Ye Faithful," and "Joy to the World." They're great spins on classics that
    everyone loves.
7. Real or fake Christmas tree?
    Fake, my dad loves having a giant (nine foot) tree that doesn't leave needles
    everywhere.
8. Favorite Christmas treat?
     We have our set cookie list every year, and I can't get enough of the potato chip
    cookies (yes, don't judge, they're amazing) and the graham cracker cookies (basically
    the ever-popular Pinterest "crack toffee" on grahams instead of Saltines).
9. Giving or receiving presents?
    Giving. I love picking things out and making things personal, from the gift to the
    wrapping. It's so much fun.
10. Dream place to visit during Christmas?
      Colorado. I adored it in the summer, and I cannot wait to see it in the winter. I may
      not ever leave.
11. Ever had a White Christmas?
      Yes, not recently, though. It usually snows a week or two after Christmas where I
      live. It's kind of sad, really. I love snow.
12. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
       Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph. I didn't
      spend my childhood choir days learning those for nothing!
13. Favorite festive scent?
      I love spicy scents and the smell of baked goods, so my guilty pleasure, I-have-to-
      ration-this-it's-so-good candle is Bath and Body's Cinnamon Sugared Donut. It actually
      smells like heaven.
14.What tops your tree?
      For the longest time it was an angel, but she melted and we could only find stars. So
     it's a star, but it's a cool wire one so the lights reflect off of it. Very pretty.
15. As a kid, what was the one gift you always asked for but never received?
      Like every other kid, a puppy. I finally got one in the summer about seven years ago,
      but he wasn't a puppy. I just want a cute, wiggly little furball.

I wish you all the best,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment