Sunday, October 25, 2015

October Favorites

Hello friends! It's that time of the month again... Favorites time! Let's get into it!

  • Favorite Store: Kohls I love Kohls. That's it. They have everything and there's always some kind of coupon circulating or Kohls Cash going on. Everybody wins.
  • Favorite Article of Clothing: Target Military Jacket Because fall is upon us in the Midwest, I have officially broken out all the cold weather clothing. This jacket is perfect for those days where it's cold in the morning but a little warmer in the afternoon. I also love how it adds a little something extra to any outfit.
  • Favorite Shoes: Hunter Rain Boots (with inserts) I've loved my Hunters for a long time, but I recently got the inserts (fleece sock-type things that stick out the top of the boots), and they gave my classic favorites new life.
  • Favorite Skincare/Beauty Products: Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation & Pond's Evening Soothe Wet Cleansing Towelettes (Chamomile & White Tea) This foundation give nice coverage and looks very natural, and the wipes do a good job of taking it off at the end of a long day. They also smell incredible.
  • Favorite Smelly Item: Bath & Body Works A Thousand Wishes Lotion Holy cow, this stuff just smells great. It's a little warm, a little sweet, but not too much. It'll be even better around Christmas.
  • Favorite Music: Shawn Mendes' "Handwritten" Album (specifically "Stitches," "Never Be Alone," "Kid in Love," and "Aftertaste") / Kelly Clarkson "The Sun Will Rise" / James Bay "Let It Go" I'm a music junkie, and this was a great music month full of good finds. I also bought the new Pentatonix album, but haven't given it the time to fall in love with it yet because I'm so obsessed with the others.
  • Favorite App: Township This is one of those games that sucks you in immediately but has no real point. I don't know why I find it so enjoyable, but I can't stop. If you've ever played HayDay, this is that on steroids.
  • Favorite Activity: Getting Ready for Halloween That time of year is upon us at last! I love all things festive, and to me, the holiday season starts with Halloween. I love decorating, planning my costume, baking spooky treats, etc. (Stay tuned for a Halloween post) I'm so excited.
  • Favorite Food & Drink: Scones & Starbucks Iced Salted Caramel Mocha Two weeks ago, I posted a recipe for scones, and I'm obsessed. I've been making them all month for everyone I know, and they're delicious. I also love Starbucks all the time, but I recently discovered iced coffee (super late on that bandwagon, I know) and I'm obsessed with this, too.
  • Bonus Favorite: Dancing with the Stars The past few season haven't been very good in my opinion, but I'm loving this season. They have some good stars on and, once again, I'm obsessed. My favorites are Alek, Hayes, and Alexa, just in case you were wondering.
*I apologize for the lack of pictures on this post; I landed myself in urgent care this week to get stitches, and long story short, haven't done a whole lot since. Stay tuned for a monster (get it?) Halloween post next week! 
I wish you all the best,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment