Saturday, July 23, 2016

ColourPop First Impressions Haul

Hello friends! Recently I made an order from ColourPop, a makeup brand based in Los Angeles that everyone raves about, particularly their matte liquid lipsticks. I thought I'd see what all the hype is about and order some of their products, so here are my first impressions.

  • Satin Finish Blush in Pegacorn - Okay, so I bought this blush mostly because of the name, but also because it's gorgeous. It's a sheer plum blush with a bit of shimmer (not glitter, just glow), and it's perfect for fall, even thought I wear it in the middle of July, too.

  • Highlighter in Spoon - This highlight looks amazing online, but it's far too glittery for me. It's a super pretty champagme shade, and I still love it, but I'll probably use it as an eyeshadow.

  • Ultra Satin Lip in Lyin' King - Holy moly these things are so worth the hype. I have never worn such a pigmented gloss, and it's absolutely stunning. This shade is a cool-toned berry red, and althought I can't attest to the staying power of it yet, as I don't have many red lip-appropriate occasions, I can't wait to wear it.

  • Ultra Matte Lip in Lumiere 2 - This one I have worn for extended periods of time, and I'm in love. Typically I don't like matte lips because I don't like the dry feeling they give, and I do correct that finish with a clear gloss, but I still love the cool neutral purple hue, so I don't mind. The staying power is amazing - I put it on in the morning, blot it a bit so it doesn't transfer to my teeth, and top it with the gloss. The gloss may wear off, but the color stays all day long.

  • Lippie Pencil in Lumiere - This pencil doesn't quite match the Matte Lip, but it's still a perfect neutral lip liner that I can wear with anything.

  • Mini Gloss in Tokyo Tea - Something I didn't know about ColourPop is that you can get free Mini Glosses with certain dollar amounts of a purchase. I qualified for two, and this is the first one I picked. It's a bright orange-red, and my only complaint is that the applicator is absolutely tiny, so it take multiple dips back into the product to cover my lips.

  • Mini Gloss in Finders Keepers - This is my second freebie, and it's the perfect my-lips-but-better shade. My only complaint is the same as the last: the applicator is too tiny.
 
Overall, I am very impressed with the brand as a whole, and will definitely try more things from them in the future. Let me know of any other brands you'd like first impressions on, and let me know if you've tried any of these things.
 
 
*Note: all photos are from ColourPop's website, purely for the reason of wanting the pictures to be as true-to-hue as possible.
 
 
I wish you all the best,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment